Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two Memorable Math Teachers

Mr. Fraser – I will never forget sitting in a grade 12 math class with the legally blind Mr. Fraser at the front. I was sure at the beginning of the year that students would be taking advantage of his easy going personality and his blindness to cheat on exams and assignments - very few ever did. I believe this was because of the incredible amount of respect that students had for the man. His large amounts of time that he devoted to helping students understand concepts after class and the respect that he showed for each and every one of them is something that I will never forget.

Mr. Ritchie – Grade 9 math was very enjoyable thanks to Mr. Ritchie. His soft spoken and easy going nature made learning fun and it was an approach that I had not seen previously. His keen interest in extra curricular activities and engaging conversations in the classroom made him a very memorable teacher.

I will try to implement things from both of these great teachers. They both had similar, easy going styles that were well liked by students and I hope I can use mine to be as good of a teacher as they.

No comments:

Post a Comment