Monday, October 5, 2009

Take 10 on "The Art of Problem Posing"

This book begins with a witty and occasionally funny style of writing. I enjoyed the repeated fifth reason for why a repetition of key ideas is used throughout the book.

I question why the introduction needed to be so long and incorporate revisals from previous editions. Perhaps this could have been done as a seperate part of the book.

I like how the book can be enjoyed by all levels of mathematical ability.

I enjoyed the vast array of different questions that were given as possible topics of thought. Some I just may use in future problem solving.

I thought it was interesting to involve history as a possible exploration when thinking about problem posing.

I enjoyed the First Phase of Problem Posing being Accepting. I think this is the same first phase in addictions counceling.

I enjoyed each of the five examples for Sticking to the Given.

I found it interesting that two offbeat examples of questions were given at the end of the Supreme Court Judge handshake example.

I am looking forward to the second phase of problem posing.

I am still left wondering if being better at problem posing will help my abilities (and those of my students) in problem solving.

No comments:

Post a Comment